Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pumpkin and Dahlias

Design - "Autumn" (Pumpkin Ornament)
Chart - "Seasonal Accents Samplers"
Designer - The Needle and I
Fabric - unknown 32 count even-weave
Started - 20 September 2010
Completed - 20 September 2010


In this part of the world, both pumpkins and dahlias can be iconic symbols of autumn.

I threatened promised to post photos from the Lane County Dahlia show and so here they are.  As with any kind of plant, it is always remarkable to see them en mass - the depth and breath of color and form...

Mignon Singles

Vesuvius - A truly explosive floral arrangement!

Alfred Grille - Incurved Cactus

Dahlias - Balls

Singles

Dahlias - Orchids
This form of dahlia looks like whacked out starfish to me! 

Formal Decorative

My Tuesday Garden post was sort of "indoors" but you can check out other outdoor posts at: The Tuesday Garden Party. @ An Oregon Cottage.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if this is the same dahlia show as 4 hills of squash posted about. Anyway beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Jami @ An Oregon Cottage said...

I really missed growing Dahlia's this year- I always leave them in the ground and that cold snap we had last winter finished them off. My own fault. Now these pictures remind me why I need to plant some more.

In spring,though. :-)

Thanks for sharing!